Tying Up Loose Ends
As you're winding down towards your due date, this a perfect time to make sure you have everything organized. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure you know the quickest route to the hospital and also a back-up route in case of traffic or bad weather.
- Designate one or two friends or relatives nearby who can give you a ride to the hospital if necessary.
- Make sure you are pre-registered at the hospital.
- Find out about which entrance to use if you go into labor in the middle of the night, visiting hours, parking, waiting areas for family, who's allowed in the delivery room.
- Make sure arrangements for childcare and/or pet care are finalized.
- Decide if banking cord blood is right for you and your family.
- Buy enough food to last for the first two weeks and/or make sure you have help preparing or
picking up meals.
- Make sure you know how to install and work the car seat.
- If you have any other children, wrap a small present for him or her from the new baby.
- Have your hospital bags and cord blood collection kit (applicable) packed and ready to go.
- Make sure everything in the nursery is ready for the baby's arrival.